Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Questions About Dubai Travel United States

Sharon asks…

Does anyone think a huge dubailand style collection of theme parks could be built in the United States?

Dubai seems cool but it is far away for Americans to travel, not to mention it's in the middle east. For those of you who don't know what Dubailand is, it's supposed to be the largest collection of themeparks in the world, with a resort that spans like 100 miles. It would be cool to have something like that here, but could it be possible?

admin answers:

From what I have read and seen Dubailand isnt just a bunch of theme parks. So far the only theme park I have heard that is going in is Universal though there is mention on theme parks in the plural. This is supposed to be your one stop resort destination with just about anything anyone would want to do. It will be interesting to see who throws their hat into this game other than Universal, I would expect Disney to jump in at some point, especially since the Paris park is owned in part by a Saudi Shiek. I would expect some locals to possibly build a theme park also.

See whats planned here http://www.dubailand.ae/home.html

As far as going there goes, well the midlle east is way too unstable for me to even consider a trip there, not to mention I saw a program on TV and it was 115 F the whole time so its not a pleasant sounding place.

Can this be done here in the states, well yes, Disney has already done it just on a smaller scale with Walt Disney World and they have lots of room to expand in Florida. There are other parts of the country that would be suitable for a project like this also, but your talking about a bunch of money, Disney does it pretty much all themselves in Florida.

If you could get together enough different companies to all build in a given area it could be done but I dont think it will ever happen here. The middle east doesnt strike me as having too many places for a vacation where here in the States we have lots of places, they may be primed for something like this and I would expect a lot of people from Asia to travel there also due to proximity alone.

I think Orlando Florida is already what they are trying to achieve there, with Disney, Universal, Busch, Shopping, Cape Canavral and everything else the area has to offer. LA/Orange County/ San Diego California is the same way, they are just spread out a little more but both are major tourist destinations. You can look at The Dells also as a much smaller version.

Carol asks…

How many countries have your traveled to?

I've been to 7!
United States, England, Mexico, Brazil, Bahamas, Saudi Arabia, and Dubai.

BQ: Which countries would you like to travel to?

I would love to go to France, Italy, and Australia someday! :)
I live in Canada, just btw.

admin answers:

Too many to count. My family was the type that travelled every holiday or during summer vacation. It wasnt until the last 3 years that my traveling wasnt as prolific.
My dad wasnt the type to say "lets go to ONE place, this summer". He'd have us travelling thru several countries over the summer.

Its easier for me just to sum up where I havent travelled much to:

1) south america
2) eastern europe
3) antartica

I've travelled the most to africa because thats my my moms favorite place on earth.

I've been to all the other major tourist attractions. Even some countries most people dont know exist.

But of all the places i've been.. Japan was my favorite (for the ladies. They are an ambiguous being. They either REALLY REALLY hate and loathe western males... Or REALLY REALLY love western males. You never know which one is which until you try And I spent a decade trying. Sometimes I won and sometimes i lost but it was a lot of fun finding my fiancee). Iceland second favorite (for the simplicity of life and safety. Low homicide rate).

For me as an adult, traveling was mostly about meeting girls in other lands. I didnt travel to site see. My sisters and I traveled to go clubbing. There are some countries where you cant even approach girls because of religion.

Speaking of which.. I loved saudi arabia. Those males did a good job creating a safe country. I defy other males to achieve that. Nobody has created a safer environment for their women... Than the saudis. Thats what makes them so paradoxical. Its safer for women to live in that sexist society.. Than a typical american city.

Mexico made me realize that I dont really like mexican food. I like the american rendition of it.
But i liked mexico because it was easy to get steroids there. But fortunately,my mom talked sense into me and only did roids for a very very short time long ago.
I was just tired of being a geek and wanted to be buff. Now i just want to stay an oververbose geek.

Susan asks…

Is there any Dell battery charger that works on 110 V and converts the output voltage to 220 V?

I bought a laptop from the United Arab Emirates where the voltage supplied is 220 volts, and all the electric devices work on 220 volts. And I'm about to travel to the United States where the supplied voltage is 110 volts. I know that there are devices that transform the 110 volts to 220 volts and Viceversa, BUT is there a 'DELL or any other brand' Charger that does the two operations in the same time (Transforming the 110 volts to 220 volts as well as charging the Battery)? if yes, how and where can I find such a thing in the United Arab Emirates 'Dubai'?

admin answers:

Your existing battery charger may very well be multi-voltage. Look on the label. Chances are it says 100-240V 50-60Hz. The Dell battery chargers on their website that have complete specifications listed are all multi-voltage.

You will still need a plug adapter that converts from British to American electric plug shape. These are small, lightweight and cheap, and shouldn't be hard to find.

Lizzie asks…

Crossing Between Windsor Ontario and Detroit Michigan?

I am wandering that the crossing between Windsor and Detroit by land if my passport will get stamped or scanned when coming into the United States? Does it just get looked at or does it get scanned in to the system or stamped. I am a US Citizen traveling from Dubai UAE to Windsor Ontario and then traveling by land from Windsor to Michigan.

admin answers:

From Windsor to Michigan by land, your passport will not get stamped but yes they scan it. You have to declare any purchase you obtain to bring with you to States (no food no fruit) except the snack you get from Duty Free is OK. Hope it helps.

Jenny asks…

How long does it take to fly from these locations? [Locations IN ASIA, listed inside]?

1. Hong Kong
2. Dubai
3. Vietnam
4. Singapore

I am traveling from San Francisco International Airport

LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA, UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

admin answers:

From san Francisco it takes APROX. These amount of hours,
to Hong Kong - about 13 hrs
to singapore - about 18hrs and 45 mins
to vietname - the average flight time is 17 hrs, but this depends on how many connection flights you do, as they dont ussually have direct flights.

Sorry that i didnt know about Dubai

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment:

  1. Visitors can likewise wonder in the marvels of " Dubai Visting Visa " otherwise the Dubai city tour is a shopping center, three rich five-star inns. On the off chance that you are searching for lodging in Dubai, you will be spoilt for decision with all the Dubai rooms and suites accessible today. In any case, an ideal decision near every one of the marvels of Dubai is none other than Traders Hotel Dubai where one can appreciate the quality that is Dubai effectively.

    ReplyDelete