Thursday, January 19, 2012

Questions About Dubai Travel Bag

Paul asks…

Things I cant travel to Dubai with?

Hello everyone,
What are the things I can't take along with me to Dubai?
Do they check peoples bags at the airport?
I'm hoping to have a couple of noodles, fried meat, raw rice and a couple of other things.
I would really appreciate it if anyone could tell me a couple of things that are not allowed to be taken into Dubai.
Thanks for your anticipated reply.

admin answers:

There is only one thing which you need to check - in a lot of countries painkillers containing codeine may be purchased over the counter. They count as illegal drugs in Dubai. On the other hand you can buy all the arthritis and rheumatism 'rubs' the EU banned because they contained camphor, and the French thought daft kids might eat the Tiger Balm with a spoon.

Sandra asks…

What is the earliest time i can check-in a bag with kenya-airways at dubai airport?

i want to travel to kenya but have no idea what`s the maximum weight taken in kenya-airways

admin answers:

Now rules have changed, you can carry just 30 kgs. And 5 in hand bag. All this for the gas oil price. By person and depends airline.

Lizzie asks…

What is the maximum weight allowed for travel?

I would like to know what is the weight limit of baggage (excluding hand-bag) allowed to carry for international travel, specially UAE airlines. My flight would be direct from bangalore to dubai and should me Emirates.

Please let me know.
And also, how much will my mobile will be charged if i bring my India Airtel-bangalore SIM on roaming to Dubai?

admin answers:

40 kilosand your hand bag 15

James asks…

Motels in Egypt have good security?

I would be going on a 3 weeks tour to Egypt and Dubai.
All travel arrangements taken care by my friend.

My question is, since I would be staying in a few motels during my travel. I am worried for the security of my luggages/travel sack (have yet to decide should I use a luggage bag or travel sack for this trip.)
Cos I couldn't possibly lug them during sightseeing and would have to leave them in the motels.
How secured would my stuff be?

admin answers:

It depends on where you stay. I would ask the motel manager about this. When I went there last summer, my things were all there and I had no problems. You should, however, remember that Egypt is not America, and that there is a high possibility of having your things stolen. Do not bring anything that you won't need on your tour ,especialy any unneccesary technology. Also, leave your valuables, such as jewelry and overly expensive outfits and accesories at home. Take with you only the basics (clothes, hygenical products, etc). Keep your passport and all other personal information with you at all times. You'd have lots of problems if you lose anything like that.

If the motels have lockers for you to leave your things in, make use of them. Make sure you ask. That is where I left my stuff and as I already said, it was all fine. If you want to be extra careful, see if you can hide your luggage in a place where theives would not look in case they decide to break in.

Bottom Line: The most important thing to do is to refrain from taking valuable items along. Basics only. Remember, no one would really care how you look on your tour.


Be Careful, and Good Luck!

Richard asks…

Are Americans allowed to travel to United Arab Emirates on pleasure?

I've learned about the new entertainment city of Dubai, and I am truly impressed. Over 3 Billion square feet, or 107 square miles (says one source) to keep you entertained for YEARS. They will have Dubai-land, which will be twice the size of Disney World, and just entertainment after entertainment. I am wondering if it's legal for American's to travel there for vacation; I am aware that we can go on a work visa. I haven't packed my bags yet; this is still a hypothetical question for me.

admin answers:

All these projects Dubailand etc are in the pipeline, still at present Dubai has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment. A large number of American/ European traveller/tourists do come to the UAE. There are discos, bars and a lot of fun. You need to be careful and observe cetrain customs while here which is not a big problem.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

2 comments:

  1. A modern and luxury hotel in the Bur Dubai district, Grand Hyatt Dubai hotel towers majestically the edge of Dubai's historic creek. Our 5 star hotel is close to financial and entertainment places as Dubai creek, Dubai WTC and Wafi City Shopping mall and is located at only 7 km from the Dubai International Airport. The hotel is also the proud recipient of various recognitions from TripAdvisor, Conde nast Traveller and the Middle East Hotel Awards.
    Ascott Park Place Dubai
    The Address Dubai Mall Hotel
    Hotel Novotel World Trade Centre Dubai
    Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel
    Savoy Suites Hotel Apartments
    Dhow Palace Hotel
    Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach Resort And Spa
    Waikiki Parc Hotel
    Aston Waikiki Joy Hotel
    Sheraton Waikiki Hotel
    Royal Hawaiian Hotel
    Prince Resorts Hawaii Hotel
    Corp Executive Hotel Apartment Al Barsha
    Auris Boutique Hotel Apartments
    Grand Hyatt Dubai Hotel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visitors can likewise wonder in the marvels of " Dubai Visting Visa " otherwise the Dubai city tour is a shopping center, three rich five-star inns. On the off chance that you are searching for lodging in Dubai, you will be spoilt for decision with all the Dubai rooms and suites accessible today. In any case, an ideal decision near every one of the marvels of Dubai is none other than Traders Hotel Dubai where one can appreciate the quality that is Dubai effectively.

    ReplyDelete