Saturday, January 14, 2012

Questions About Dubai Travel Kids

Donald asks…

I am an American with a family (5 kids) and want to take a job in Dubai. Does anyone have kids that I can talk?

I want to take a 2 year job in Dubai so my family and I can have the option of traveling Africa, middle east, asia and australlia. Does anyone see any downfall to bringing kids that are 9-1 years old to Dubai? Anything I should ask or question with the employer?
I already have a job offer. I would like to talk to someone who brought kids over.

admin answers:

Hi There,

Congratulations on receiving a job offer.

Things you should know:

-Some companies hold their employees passports illegally. Check with them on what their policies are. Unless you are ok with that.
-Schooling will cost you about Dhs.35000 per year for the older one and slightly less for the younger ones. Kids start schools at about 3.5years of age.
-Nurseries will be about Dhs.27000 per year.
-Schools and Nurseries, generally asks for quarterly payments.
-Day care on school holidays are impossible to find… there is summer camps but they too can cost a lot.
-Ask if medical aid is included for you and your family. There is a difference between government medical which is compulsory and private medical, which I recommend.

You will probably benefit from hiring a housemaid, which will also cost a lot. You will need to put down a Dhs.5000 deposit for her visa and also pay 100% of the maid’s annual salary to the visa agency. Housemaid salary with accommodation is on average Dhs.1800 per month. Depends on the quality work you would require and so on.

Water and Electricity - summer months can be up to Dhs.2500+ per month. Air Conditioning is expensive.

I hope housing is included in your package, as it is very expensive. If you get an allowance and search for your own house, make sure your contract with the landlord stipulates that he/she won’t increase the rent for the first two years and no more than 10% after that.

UAE is a very safe but hot place, and if you are earning enough, you will be truly happy there. There’s enough for kids to do there and I am confident that you will be happy there.
The uae is not for everyone, many are leaving for different reasons. My opinion is that it won’t suit people that can’t follow rules and respect other cultures and religions.

I lived in Dubai for almost 10 years and am in the process of trying to relocate my own family back. So pretty much going through the same as you, with job hunting and so on.

I hope this info has been useful.

Take care,

Maria

Laura asks…

Is weather comfortable in Dubai in first week of October?

I would be travelling with my family for vacations with 2 kids (3 and 6 years). I have heard a lot about the "hot" and dry Dubai climate. Would it be bearable in Ist week of Dubai. I would be travelling from India.

admin answers:

Hot but evenings would be better but beginning of the november is great to visit

Sandra asks…

travelling alone from visakhapatnam to dubai help please?

i am travelling to dubai from visakhapatnam with my two kids alone. i dont know the procedures to follow in air port. i am travelling for the first time. please help me

admin answers:

In India:

Go to Airport, approach counter of Airline concerned and check in. Go through passport control to your departure hall (ticket shows gate no.). Board and find your seat numbers and enjoy your flight. Crew members will assist you with the kids if necessary.

In Dubai:
Leave the plane. Just follow other passengers to Immigration. Stand in line for foreigners. Present your passports (visa?) and go to claim your luggage. You'll find the right baggage claim easily because flight numbers are shown. Go through customs and get hopefully picked up.

You also could book the Meet and Greet Service at Airport Dubai in advance, be picked up at the plane and be guided to the Immigration desk of Crew members where you won't have to stand in line.

Bon voyage

Maria asks…

What is the most affordable way to travel to Dubai from either Newark , D.C. or NY?

I'm planning a trip for my family to Dubai in May. After looking at some of the prices I thought that if I break the trip up it will be more affordble. It's for 1 adult 2 kids. (Can kids fly discounted?)...I'm willing to leave from JFK on down the coast to RDU to get the cheapest fare.

Would it be cheaper to fly to Europe on a cheap carrier. Then pick up another carrier once there instead of doing 3 rounds trips from JFK to DXB???

admin answers:

Without the kids the cheapest way would be by joining the U.S. Army and get paid to go over to the middle east and then take leave in Dubai.

I am not sure if you realize this but Dubai is not the cheapest place in the world to visit. It is quite expensive to stay and eat out in that city.

It may be cheaper to use the discount carriers to europe then fly a dutch carrier to Dubai.

Chris asks…

how to keep my kids busy on a long flight?

i have 3 kids, ages 2,3,and 5, who are going to travel with me on a long flight to dubai in february. how can i keep my kids busy throughout the flight? its their first time flying so I don't want them to freak out or get too overexcited.

admin answers:

DVD Player, coloring books and crayons, Snack foods, I use Cheerios, and granola bars. Good luck you will have your hands full

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

1 comment:

  1. Visitors can likewise wonder in the marvels of " Dubai Visting Visa " otherwise the Dubai city tour is a shopping center, three rich five-star inns. On the off chance that you are searching for lodging in Dubai, you will be spoilt for decision with all the Dubai rooms and suites accessible today. In any case, an ideal decision near every one of the marvels of Dubai is none other than Traders Hotel Dubai where one can appreciate the quality that is Dubai effectively.

    ReplyDelete